Saturday 31 December 2011

Whoopey!!

It is officially 2012 and for some reason I am supposed to take this opportunity to make daft promises to myself which will make me a better person! Whoever said 'new year, new you' is a dickhead. I'd say that if you are that intent on changing something about yourself, you'll do it as soon as the idea comes to you..

If you suddenly decide in the middle of September that you are gonna lose some weight and lead a healthier lifestyle and are truly serious about it, then you'll start right there in September. You won't put it off until January 1st because it says somewhere that the next year in your life should be different. I don't know what magic is supposed to be behind January 1st, but I'll let you know now that there isn't any. Some advertising student made it up so that the sales of exercise videos and equipment, as well as gym membership would sky rocket.  In fact, it's been shown that most people break their NY resolution within 10 days of the new year.

So, besides that little rant, I wanted to make this post about Christmas. It came and went without and major issues and even the minor ones were incredibly minor. I think because this was my first time being away from home for so long, coming home for Christmas seemed like a present in itself (that's quite deeep) ((so deep infact, that it has three e's)). I was so happy to be home, as any of you who had read my last 8(?) posts would know that I was more than happy to do anything and everything that was asked of me. This coupled with the fact that my mum had just had some awesomely robotic surgery made me a daughter from heaven :)
Christmas morning dawned and the mature adult in me woke up at a reasonable time - 8:45 and instead of opening all my presents, I sat in an armchair and read a book until everyone else woke up. I thought that since I hadn't asked for any present and therefore everything that was below the tree was a surprise, I would wait until the lady who bought them awoke so she could experience the sheer joy of watching me opening them. 

When mum finally feel out of bed and came to open presents the fun began. I honestly love watching people opening their gifts rather than getting my own as I like to know that what the were given is something that they really like. You CAN tell whether or not someone is faking a look of happiness and when they do I try to be discreet and not mention it. Considering that I'm on a student budget I think I did well with my Christmas shopping for the family this year. Or as we say in Enfield - the fam. Brother's 1 & 2 received - zilch, but they will get something nice for their birthdays. Sister got a Westlife calender and a DVD of some sad old movie about a doggie. Mother got tickets to see one of her favourite comedians, an apron with Wonder Woman on it and the obligatory set of books. Father got desperately needed clothes and some books. I did not, however, do so well on the boyfriend front. One angry birds t shirt which included little thought and a Lion King DVD which he already knew about. He will however also be getting something awesomer for his birthday than the drivel which girlfriend gave him for our 2nd Christmas together. 

So, here is Christmas - 

No comments:

Post a Comment