Saturday 3 December 2011

Deck The Halls!

I saw a post by Mynx about her Christmas tree and it made me start thinking about decorations. I quite liked her post about her decorations and how she has special ones and how she buys new ones, it's a nice little tradition to have.

So, I was wondering, when IS a good time to put up the decorations? I know in our house, my mum likes to wait as long as she can before she puts them up and she likes to take them down as soon after New Years as she can. I love putting up the decorations, well, I like doing the tree. I'm not too sure about all the other stuff. I do like the odd singing Santa around the place. And of course, I love my little mini tree in my bedroom. 

I like keeping my tree simple. I'm not a fan of tinsel unless it's all the same colour. When we were kids we used to throw whatever came out of the box onto the tree and it usually looked like a group of drunken elves had thrown up on it after the Xmas party was done. Last year however! Thomas and I got to do the tree and it looked quite nice. All red and gold and simple. I can't wait to get home and do our tree. I hope they save it until I come back! But they probably won't cos they don't love me :(

I started my shopping the other day. I've managed to get a few things for my mum and dad. Nothing too exciting though. And I have no idea what to get the rest of them. :( I hoping that because I'm a poor student they won't expect much from me. Maybe I could make a pasta picture for them :P I do have lots of pasta. MMMMMM, I want some pasta now :) I like Christmas a lot. 



Here's your link for today. I found it completely by accident a few months ago and can't get it out of my head, so enjoy!
Sparkly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment