Friday 16 December 2011

When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimeny

I had my first tutor meeting with my year tutor today. She also happens to teach me 2 out of my 4 modules. I was expecting her to just go over our January assignment with me and ask me if I was having any problems but no, it was a bit more intense than that.

She had planned to go through every little detail of the past 4 months of my student life. She started with my mid term assessment, which she reminded me, doesn't actually count towards any of my final marks. It was just a little bit of stressful fun to see how well I was grasping the course. Apparently I grasp the course at a B grade level which I wasn't too disappointed with considering I really had no idea what I was talking about when I wrote it. She then killed my happy little mood by telling me that if this piece was being considered as a formal assessment I would have failed because there were no references in it. To cut a long story short, I don't see how/why you would reference something if you didn't go on to use any of the information that you read in your essay. 

After that she pointed out that I'd missed 10 classes. Not 10 of her classes, but 10 altogether out of the whole term. Which, I know isn't wonderful but it isn't terrible either. HOWEVER! I was then told that I had one of the worst attendances in the whole class, which just can't be true. Especially considering that there are a number of girls in my class who we all forgot about because we hadn't seen them since the induction week. When the do randomly turn up there is that moment of confusion when you wonder who the bloody hell is sitting at your table talking to every one. I pointed this out and the tutor had to check the register just to see if there were girls in the class like that. (I say girls because there is only one guy in out class and I love him so I'll probably mention him by name ) Made me sad :(

BUT I go home tomorrow so that makes me incredibly hap hap happy :) I'm also surprised that I managed to pack in such a short space of time :) - 49 minutes for your information! I'm not looking forward to the incredibly early start I have to get to the airport and I'm a little nervous about getting to the airport and seeing how much my luggage weighs. So if anyone is at Stansted tomorrow and see's the marshmallow man wandering around - it's just me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment