Tuesday 13 December 2011

Frosty the Snowman

I am in a brilliant mood today.
I came home to find 2 lovely little letters on my kitchen table. The first was a Christmas card from J. Day @ The Ramblings of Charlie Brown wishing me a lovely holidays and welcoming me to the postcard campaign. The second was the actual post card from Julie over @ According to Jewels. Both the card and the postcard were lovely and both are now pinned on my notice board.  I'm not sure if they arrived quickly or not, the post mark says 05/12/11 so it took just little over a week to get here from Philadelphia and Redding CA. I was so pleased to receive them, I love getting hand written messages rather than an email and when it comes from a total stranger, well that's a bonus :) 

On another note that is closer to home - I'll be home in 4 days :) and I can't wait. I spoke to my mum this morning and it's made me even more excited to get home. Being home will mean proper food that isn't pasta( not that there is anything wrong with pasta, but there are only so many ways you can eat it), a nice warm fire, hugging mum, lots of present to wrap, hugging/annoying Emma/Sammy, seeing the doggies and the new one, hugging daddy and food that isn't microwaved. Not that I microwaved a lot of food (mainly because my dished don't fit in the microwave we have), but because you can't beat a proper home cooked dinner. 

So, 12 sleeps til Christmas and I still haven't finished my shopping, I still need something for my dad, something substantial for my brother - joke toilet paper just doesn't cut it - and somehow, get something for Tom Tom and perhaps a little something more for Boyfriend. Jeese, if Christmas is this stressful now, how bad is it gonna be when I have kiddies? Although, it will get all it's magic back when I have kiddies, all that Santa malarky and what not. 

CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!!  CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!! CHRISTMAS!!  CHRISTMAS!!      CHRISTMAS!!      CHRISTMAS!!     CHRISTMAS!!

Bye Bye!
Drives me nuts!


That's all you lot are getting for now. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Jeez Louise, you're getting right into this blogging thing. Consistent updates, mingling with fellow bloggers & postcard campaign to boot.

    Post card campaign = penpal idea on crack.

    And Rachel, I do not require a x-mas pressie, just wrap an empty box, put my name on it and stick it under the tree and I'll be fine.

    oh, and pics of the x-mas card and post card please.

    ReplyDelete