Tuesday 18 October 2011

The total so far..

If you've seen that blog then you'll know that I was being chatted up before I'd even left the country. Well today at the train station my tally for black guys chatting me up reached a grand total of..... 5. Including the man who thought I had a son.

What is their obsession with me? Where did it come from? So far this is how they've tried to get me...

  1. Asked me if my profile picture is my son. Result : No Deal
  2. You're pretty cool, are you from Ireland? I had a friend from Dublin once. She's slightly drunk, let's try to kiss her. Result : No Deal
  3. Walking home from shop, guy leaves his house and continues this conversation with me -                     'Do you need a hug?
    'No I don't thanks.'
    'Awh c'mon, everyone needs a hug off me. It'll make your day so much better than it is.'
    'I'm fine thanks.'
    'But you're missing out on a once in a life time chance. I don't hand out hugs to everyone. Just pretty students'  Result : No Deal  - also may be a student serial killer.
  4. Follow me up the escalator out of a tube station and mistakenly think I'm smiling at him. Makes some boring conversation about his last girlfriend from DUBLIN. Result : No Deal         
  5. Watch me like a stalker as I gracefully munch my way through a Subway that is far too big to eat. Casually ask where the next train is headed. Force your mobile number on me and make me give you mine. Here follows some bullshit story about how my phone isn't working so I can't make or receive calls. Watch awkwardly as he rings the fake number you gave him.  Again tells me about his ex from Dublin. Result : No Deal
I AM NOT FROM DUBLIN!
DUBLIN IS NOT IN NORTHERN IRELAND!
JUST BECAUSE I COME FROM NORTHERN IRELAND DOES NOT MEAN I WILL KNOW EVERYONE WHO LIVES THERE!
JUST BECAUSE I TOLD YOU ABOUT THE TRAIN DOES NOT MEAN I WANT TO GO HOME WITH YOU!
WHEN I SAY I AM IN A RELATIONSHIP, I MEAN IT!!

Women do like to be told about your ex girlfriend while you are chatting them up. Even if they are going to say no anyway.


Leave me alone please.

A víte, že když jsem se jen ponožky, že je pracovní čas. To je důvod, proč se jim říkáobchodní ponožky
                 


2 comments:

  1. :O They do like the porcelain dolls and they don't come much whiter than you.

    Please, please, please be careful. I recommend putting a key in your fist poking out like a Wolverine claw. Keep it in your pocket until you need it. Maybe don't travel alone so much too.

    Now I'm worried for you. dammit Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. Wolverine claw is a good idea. Don't worry about me. I don't travel much, just in and out of uni and it's always during the day :D

    ReplyDelete