Tuesday 8 November 2011

Penguin slushies.

This post concerns a lot of weird things. So if you can't be bothered with weirdness at the minute, maybe come back later.

I'm not sure how the conversations began, but it came around that the fella and myself ended up talking about weird dreams and I mentioned that I seemed to have weirder dreams than everyone else does. I make the joke of saying that I was gonna start writing done these nuts dreams from now on, and well, here I am. I had a very weird dream last night. it involved these guys....


TomTom



Penguins!
Peter Kay

I know this is a very odd combinations of components for a dream. It went like this...

Thomas and I were given an award for some reason or other, I think it had something to do with physcic powers :) and were sent to collect it at a ceremony. For some absurd reason, the ceremony was being hosted by the penguins, and to get out award we had to sit on an iceberg and wait for our categorry to roll around. As we were finally announced as the winners we stood up to accept our awards but were forced into our seats again. Obviously we knew nothing about the protocol of a peguin awards show! When we sat down we were then forced to withstand a barage of icy slush which compacted around us while little penguins clapped and cheered. Eventually we realised the icy was indeed a Slushie drink and we were absolutely drunk.

After the ceremony we attended the obligatory after party and managed to get stuck in the lift on the way to the banquet hall. Who should come to fix the lift? Peter Kay of course! (For those of you who don't know, I love this man. I think he's one of the funniest guys around - hence why he pops up in my dreams) He showed up in a maintainence outfit and proceeded to fix the lift. The scene then changed to a book signing, where I am standing in a line waiting to grab a signature. I can't recall who I'm queing to see and when I finally get to the table it's Kay, again. I have one of those teen fan girl hissy fits and have to be taken to the side and worked with. Eventually I manage to get to meet the man himself and begin having a heart to heart with him. I explain how much I like his comedy and embarrass myself by reciting almost all of his 'Mum Wants A Bunglaow Tour' - or so I think.

 I crack a few of my own jokes and Kay then hires me to be his warm up act on his new tour. Fun times. Then it ends....

From this I've come to the conclusion that I am nuts.  :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I remember how we began talking about dreams.. We were talking about this song. I mentioned that the world would be a nuts place if it was like my dreams...

2 comments:

  1. Really? That pic.....

    To be honest, this isn't the weirdest dream you've ever had.

    But yes you are nuts. Bat-crap crazy in fact.

    Coincidentally (read Psychically). I was watching David Attenborough's "Frozen Planet" last nite, and when the Penguins came on I immediately thought of you and your crazy addiction to them. Then a sea-lion caught one and tried to eat it but it got away :) then he caught it again :(...then it got away :) lucky bastard.

    It did indeed have icebergs in it too.

    STAY OUTTA MY BRAIN PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is weird. I used that picture to try and illustrate how weird the dream was, which reminds me, I need to do a follow up post. I know there was more to the dream that what I've said but I can't remember it all. I have had weirder dreams....

    The poor penguin! Was he hurt?
    Also, I'm addicted to kinder eggs again, this time cos they have happy feet toys in them and today I got the baby one :D

    ReplyDelete