Monday 2 May 2011

My reward

Following on in the same thread as Alex over at http://rafmanmagee.blogspot.com/  I thought I'd write a little bit about my impending exams. If you read Alex's latest blog post you'll see that he has done what a devoted pupil should when on holidays before important exams - revise. However! I have not. For the past two weeks I haven't opened a single one of my school books, infact, I only dared to go near my schoolbag in order to empty it so I would have a bag to take with me to the rugby math the Alex mentions. After the rugby match, my bag lay in a corner of my room unnoticed and unloved. :(

Now, considering I have A level exams coming up - the first of which is in 17 days you'd expect me to have spent a reasonable amount of time with my head stuck in notes and textbooks I had planned to do this, but after a while I though I deserved a holiday. I thought that since I've spent the entire school year with my head in a book, making copious amounts of notes and slideshows, annotating poems and novels and finishing 15 pieces of coursework to an amazing standard (if I do say so myself) I should be allowed a wee break.  Perhaps I should be worrying more about these exams, but I have a nice little revision plan all worked out. From the 3rd May until the 26th May I will focus on pretty much notihing except RS. After the 26th I have 28 days in which to revise for my one and only English exam. I think I've got it all covered.

I think that with all the things that I've been stressing over for the past four months, no one could deny me a little break. And if you say I should have worked for the past 2 weeks, well, maybe you're right. We'll see in August when I get my results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment