Sunday 20 October 2013

Autumn time sadness

After 3 years and 4 months, I broke up with my boyfriend. When I say I broke up with him, I mean we broke up. I'm still not sure who did the breaking but it broke. Anyway, I was fine when it happened, cried a little, but  kinda saw it coming so I wasn't too bad. Now however, I get sad at the drop of a hat. 

By the way, this isn't supposed to be a 'poor me, listen to what makes me sad' post so you can read on without being sick or wanting to hit me.

I didn't realise quite how much of my life I had connected to my relationship, there has been so much in fact, that I regularly get slapped by small things in my day to day tedium that make me go 'oh yeah, i used to have a boyfriend'. For example, the password for my phone was the date we started seeing each other - i failed to notice this until today (its has been changed), I also didn't notice how much I talk about him - almost every conversation I have involves me connecting what we're talking about to him and every other song that I hear makes me think of a time when we sang it in his car or when we sent it to each other just to say it was really good. 

But that stops now! Now I am strong independent black woman! (this is a joke)
Now I can do what I like, when I like. I don't need to worry about not talking for 2 days in case someone gets angry because I don't have to talk to him! We're trying the 'let's be friends' thing at the minute and I do find it odd not talking every day, because quite simply he was my best friend. But it's too goddamn weird to talk to him about having a bad day because the way he used to fix it was to be a complete twat with me and make me laugh -  that just doesn't work these days. 

I'm not sure why it's taken over a week for me to start to feel sad and to notice all the things in my life that are linked to the relationship and everything that's going to have to change, but it sure is horrible. God knows what'll happen next, but I hope it isn't as confusing as all this!

Men are nuts, woman are crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment